domingo, 27 de septiembre de 2015

Doctors with ‘angel’

Long ago I read this article and I was amazed by the sweet and grateful words that Tatiana Sisquella conferred to a particular type of physician. For me, it describes perfectly the doctor that I would like to become.

“A doctor, in general, is an expert in any part of your body. So far, so normal. What is more surprising is already meet a doctor who has an angel. These also have a medical career, wear white coat and make bad handwriting, but, unlike others, are defined by how they speak you, how they look you and how they touch you.
A doctor with ‘Angel’ is a person who cures even before starting treatment, a doctor who listens and is surprised by your questions. When they talk to you, they do it imagining that they are the patient and not taken for granted or overlooked anything that can disturb you. They do not get tired of answering the same questions and always find a moment to talk about something that is not the reason for the visit. Angel physicians do not tell lies, but they know how to promote good truths. They have an exquisite criterion when considering treatments and always find a chair somewhere to seat all the passengers. If you have to do a scan, they worry about whether they have cold hands and if you have to read a diagnosis is always accompanied by a drawing or an easy metaphor, so that everyone understands. They are doctors who remember your name before looking at the record and not watch the clock despite working in Social Security. They tend to know not only the names of the nurses, but also how many children they have, if the husband is unemployed or has gone to Venice on holidays. Some even, if necessary, they give their personal phone number in case of anything, be it for a question or a comfort.
I am a long-term patient and I can recognize the difference from just putting one foot in the consult. With a few minutes I know if I found a doctor or an angel. I congratulate all of them. And for my angels I also send them a kiss.

Tatiana Sisquella
Written recovered from the newspaper ARA, 2011”

I don’t know if one day I’ll be one of those doctors but from here I promise you to put a lot of effort and love to get it.




1 comentario:

  1. "A doctor is a person who cures before starting the treatment...and is surprised by your questions..."...it touched me very much! Thank you very much Anna!

    ResponderEliminar